Submit your photos for a chance to win!
How to Enter
Photographers of all ages are invited to enter their best high-resolution images celebrating our community in the first-ever City of Mountain Home Photo Contest between April 1 and May 31, 2018. Entering is easy and free. Please see below for information related to this year’s categories, the entry agreement, and entry requirements. For more information, contact Michael Freeman at 208-608-1043, or email@example.com.
General Contest Information
Theme: "Spirit of Mountain Home."
1) Culture & Community;
2) Business & Architecture;
3) Landscape & Wildlife.
There are two ways to win: (1) People's Choice by online votes; and (2) Judges' Choice by visual art professionals.
Voters and judges will select images that best depict Mountain Home in each category. All contest entries are eligible to be featured in city publications of print and electronic media with photo credit. Please note that the photo contest coordinator may reassign some entries to a more appropriate category.
Naming and Submitting Entries
Electronic images must be named according to the following convention: LnameFname_Category_DateofPhoto. Example: FreemanMichael_CultureandCommunity_03272018
Once your photos are correctly named, simply email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name, a valid email address, and a telephone number in the text of your email.
Participation in this contest is voluntary. If CONTESTANT disagrees with or will not comply with any of the following statements, CONTESTANT must send an email reply with the words "remove entry" to withdraw any photo from the competition. There will be no penalty or public announcement or display of withdrawn work.
In submitting the attached photo(s) (PHOTO) to the City of Mountain Home (CITY) and participating in the City of Ventura Photo Contest I /we (CONTESTANT) hereby warrant and agree to the following:
· The PHOTO is the result of CONTESTANT'S sole artistic efforts unless otherwise stated above as a collaboration.
· Except as otherwise disclosed in writing to CITY in this submittal form, the PHOTO is unique and original and does not infringe upon any copyright or patent.
· CONTESTANT warrants to CITY that he/she has lawful usage rights to the PHOTO, and that the PHOTO is free and clear of any lien. Except for title and possession, pursuant to the Copyright Act of 1976 (17 U.S.C. §101 et seq.), CONTESTANT will retain the copyright and all other rights in and to the PHOTO.
· CONTESTANT grants to CITY an irrevocable, royalty-free non-exclusive worldwide license to reproduce, to distribute, and/or to display two- or three-dimensional reproductions of the PHOTO in any manner whatsoever relating to any CITY publication or event, including, without limitation:
· Public display as well as reproduction on CITY items, such as print ads, postcards, posters, brochures, applications, television programs and the City website.
· In addition, the CITY will include CONTESTANT'S name somewhere on the document where the photo is used.
· The CITY may alter images of the PHOTO as necessary.
· The CITY may use the PHOTO on CITY merchandise and commercial items, such as a calendar, which may be sold for fundraising purposes. CITY may also use the photograph on the Internet and in Social Media in support of our mission.
· CITY may indefinitely retain a digital copy of your photograph that will be archived in the CITY’s photo library, which is accessible to CITY staff via the CITY’s online photo archive
Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 106A(3) and only to the extent that this Agreement differs, CONTESTANT expressly waives any rights that he/she may have under 17 U.S.C. §§ 101 et seq., including, without limitation, 17 U.S.C. §§ 106, 106A, and 113, or any successor statute(s) or regulation(s).
CONTESTANT agrees to release CITY, its agents, officials, employees, and volunteers from and against all liability, including copyright or patent infringement claims or causes of action, arising out of this Agreement and claims arising from CONTESTANT'S participation in the City of Ventura Photo Contest. CONTESTANT agrees to defend (with counsel satisfactory to CITY), indemnify and hold City harmless and free from all liability, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, arising out of CONTESTANT'S participation or association with the City of Mountain Home Photo Contest. CONTESTANT agrees to pay all costs incident to any claim, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees and consequential damages.
I agree that the above information is correct. I further agree that this agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Idaho.